Our clients come to us for a variety of reasons. Many come to us because they have specific financial questions such as:
- How can I best balance my current spending with my future savings needs?
- How can I optimize my company benefits now and at retirement?
- Should I take a lump sum pension or annuity?
- Am I on track to retire when I would like?
- Am I investing my savings appropriately to meet my long and short term goals?
- Am I taking advantage of all the tax laws to pay the minimum taxes.
- How do we merge our finances now that we are married?
- Am I saving properly for my child’s education?
- Can I afford to make a career change?
- As a retiree, how can I maximize my lifestyle without jeopardizing my long-term needs?
- Is my family protected if something should happen to me?
- Is my estate plan properly designed?
Some want to make sure that the various financial aspects of their lives fit together, and that they are not overlooking anything. Others have done an excellent job of managing their finances and just want an objective “second set of eyes”, or want to make sure their spouse understands their financial situation and would have someone to turn to in the event of death or disability.
While every situation is unique, here are some of the kinds of folks that we serve:
Families and Individuals
R.P.Boggs & Co. seeks to serve people from all walks of life. Whether you are single or married, have children at home or an empty nest, working now or well into retirement, we can provide financial and investment advice relevant to your situation. Our flexible, fee-only planning approach can handle almost anyone’s financial advisory needs.
People who own and operate their own small businesses are often too busy to take the time to analyze all of the tax benefits available to them. We understand that you may need help in evaluating retirement and 401(k) plans, developing exit strategies, or thinking through how you will pass on your estate.
Professionals and Executives
We are well-versed in working with busy professionals and executives to leverage their time to provide them with a thorough, broad-based financial plan. Let us help you sort through your retirement plan options, workplace benefits, exit and tax situation as we seek to help you make the most of what you earn through your hard work.
Retirees and Pre-retirees
Whether you plan to retire soon or have already reached it, we can help you feel confident about living your post-employment years to the fullest. Making the transition from a regular paycheck to living off your fixed income and investments can be overwhelming, so let us help. While no one can be certain about investment returns, inflation, or longevity, we have the tools and experience to help you put these thing in context and understand the potential effect that they may have on your retirement lifestyle.